Diversity and Inclusion
ASTRO 3D seeks to ensure that every person in the Centre has the opportunity and support to reach their full potential.
The Centre is committed to diversity in all of its forms and aims to ensure that we:
- celebrate and value diversity;
- create a fair and respectful workplace culture; and
- build and retain diverse capabilities and experiences.
Equality in the workplace is achieved when all employees are able to access and enjoy the same rewards, resources and opportunities regardless of employment status, socio-economic status, gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or disability.
This Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan focuses on areas of greatest need, with the intention of embedding the values of honesty, trust, transparency, respect, diversity, fairness, and inclusion, and associated behaviours as part of a defined and communicated culture. To achieve this, the Centre will focus on:
- establishing and promoting the business case for diversity and inclusion equality,
- improving gender composition and balance; and
- embedding flexibility and diversity into the Centre’s culture, encouraging collaborative solutions to individual needs where practicable.
To address the Centre’s unique challenges and embed diversity and inclusion into the culture, we will undertake a range of specific actions. These actions will be implemented through a user-centred design approach which will see members at all levels brought into the implementation process wherever possible, either through the Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Committee, other representative Committees or via the ASTRO 3D Intranet and/or Slack Channel.
This Action Plan is intended to be a working document, and will be updated and revised as new research and information becomes available. The Action Plan will be reviewed annually by the Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Committee with input from the Executive Management Committee and the Advisory Boards.