2019 Science Meeting Registration
By registering for the Retreat, you agree to the ASTRO 3D Meeting Code of Conduct as a condition of that registration (download Meeting Code of Conduct)
WHEN: 10:30AM Monday 20th May – 2:30PM Friday 24th May 2019
WHERE: CSIRO Lecture Theatre, Marsfield, Sydney, NSW
This year our Science Meeting will be at the CSIRO Marsfield site, Epping Road, Marsfield, Sydney.
The ASTRO 3D Science Meeting is an opportunity for the ASTRO 3D community to come together and share the Centre’s research from the previous year, as well as discuss the Science vision and goals for the next year. We will also have a Student Retreat, professional development and the opportunity to meet with the International Advisory Board Members.
You are responsible for booking your own accommodation for the Science Meeting. We do, however, have some suggestions for nearby accommodation and have negotiated group booking rates for the following accommodation:
- MGSM Reception Hotel (Quest Apartments) – $170/night including full buffet breakfast, complimentary wifi and parking (subject to availability). Please quote group booking number 2132176 when booking.
- Travelodge Macquarie – $175/night, including breakfast. Please go to https://www.tfehotels.com/en/ and select Travelodge Macquarie. Please quote Promo Code ANU2019 when booking.
MEALS/SOCIAL ACTIVITIES – to be advised
Sydney Airport is the closest major airport to the venue. Please book your flights to arrive by 10:30am (morning tea) on Monday morning and flights to go home on Friday afternoon/evening.
- get on M1 from Airport Dr and Qantas Dr
- follow M1 and M2 to Epping Rd in North Ryde
- take Epping Rd exit from M2
- take Epping Rd to Pembroke Rd in Marsfield
Canberra members are encouraged to carpool to save Node travel funds.
* Final Science Talk program released after talk nominations received.
Please submit your 15-minute talk (short title and abstract) for consideration by the Scientific Organising Committee via the Registration Form. Talks can be either:
- Team Science – Chief Investigators for each Project/Survey will recommend an ECR or Student to give their Team update for the overall Project/Survey. Team Science talks are science results that easily fit under one Project/Survey
- IIII=inter-team/inter-node/international/independent – IIII talks are for science/research that is particularly collaborative – science that spans themes/threads/cross-projects or is with our international partners or other partners.
Monday – science talks from 11am after morning tea
Tuesday – science talks
Wednesday – science talks plus International Advisory Board meeting after lunch
Thursday – Diversity and Media training and IAB meeting before lunch
Friday – Project/Survey and Cross-Project/Survey meetings until afternoon tea
CHILDCARE – please advise on the registration form if you require childcare
The Student Retreat will be from 17-19th of May 2019. This Retreat is open to all ASTRO 3D students and is a chance to meet, greet and find new friends.
The Retreat will be at YMCA Sydney Olympic Park Lodge, which is a dorm style accommodation with catering included. The Retreat will comprise of 5-minute Thesis style talks, where we can introduce our research. We also plan on providing feedback on our talking styles, so as to improve upon it (these will be personalised and given in private). There will be an opportunity for a collaborative session where we can collaborate with our colleagues. We are also deciding on social activity, more details of which will be provided a bit later.
The registration fee is $400 per person, including everything (accommodation, food, transport, etc.). Information concerning transport to and from the venue will be provided later.
For registering, please fill out the google form provided in the link below –
It would be great if you can make it to the venue latest by 6 pm on the 17th of May 2019.
Here are some suggested flights for people travelling from Perth and Melbourne to Sydney –
Melbourne to Sydney (arrive by 15:30):
– QF482: 13:15 – 14:40;
– QF436: 13:30 – 14:55;
– VA849: 14:00 – 15:25.
Perth to Sydney (arrive by 17:00):
– QF642: 10:25 – 16:30;
– VA556: 10:45 – 16:55.
If you registered to attend the retreat and your circumstances change, please let firstname.lastname@example.org know as soon as possible.